Together with VicInAqua, further projects received funding from the European Union’s research and innovation programme Horizon 2020 under the same topic WATER-5c-2015 - Development of water supply and sanitation technology, systems and tools, and/or methodologies.
As sister projects having a common goal of boosting sustainable water resources management, we decided to start sharing experience and knowledge between our consortium teams and to discuss possible synergies to maximize the impact and dissemination potential of our technologies and solutions. This is achieved for example via parallel communication, mutual invitations to project events and joint organization of or participation in further relevant events.
Learn more about VicInAqua’s sister projects:
- (GA No. 690268) DAFNE – use of a Decision-Analytic Framework to explore the water-energy-food NExus in complex and transboundary water resources systems of fast growing developing countries
- (GA No. 690378) FLOWERED – de-FLuoridation technologies for imprOving quality of WatEr and agRo-animal products along the East African Rift Valley in the context of aDaptation to climate change
- (GA No. 688320) MADFORWATER – DevelopMent AnD application of integrated technological and management solutions FOR wasteWATER treatment and efficient reuse in agriculture tailored to the needs of Mediterranean African Countries
- (GA No. 689925) SafeWaterAfrica – Self-Sustaining Cleaning Technology for Safe Water Supply and management in Rural African Areas
- (GA No. 688928) WATERSPOUTT – Water - Sustainable Point-Of-Use Treatment Technologies
We are also working on cooperation with further Horizon 2020 projects fitting our objectives and activities, such as the Coordination and support action AfriAlliance – Africa-EU Innovation Alliance for Water and Climate, funded under the close topic WATER-5b-2015 - A coordination platform and grant agreement number (GA No.) 689162. The AfriAlliance project aims to better prepare Africa for future climate change challenges by having African and European stakeholders work together in the areas of water innovation, research, policy, and capacity development.
We are all looking forward to great developments and activities together!