Information Sessions in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda
VicInAqua partners addressed the local population to raise awareness on the environmental impact of improved sanitation, aquaculture and fisheries in form of comprehensive information campaigns. When possible, the information sessions in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda were connected to Study Visits with training sessions on site.
- Uganda (19 November 2018 in Entebbe): Partner NARO (National Agricultural Research Organization, Uganda) organised our third information session titled "The environmental impact of improved sanitation, aquaculture and fisheries". The session took place in the frame of several VicInAqua community events in Uganda: a technical training on MBR, two Round tables on Gender & Aquaculture and Water Management & Policy, as well as two Study Visits (MBR site in a fish processing plant in Ntinda, Kampala and a RAS site for live fish marketing in Naguru, Kampala). Read more here.
- Kenya (21 November 2018, Nairobi): Due to the postponement of the Kenya Water & Sanitation Week, the VicInAqua partners organised a free information session on 21 November 2018 in Nairobi dedicated to investment, business and innovation opportunities created by water and energy challenges. Read more here.
- Tanzania (5 October 2018, Dar es Salaam): Partner STIPRO (Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Research Organisation, Tanzania) organised our second information session in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, in the frame of the roundtable on "Industrialization and Energy in Tanzania: Challenges and Opportunities". The team will discuss innovative solutions proposed by VicInAqua with local stakeholders from the fish farming, (waste)water management, renewable energy and policy sectors to raise awareness on the environmental impact of improved sanitation, aquaculture and fisheries. Read more here.
- Kenya (16 August 2018): Partner JKUAT (Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya) presented VicInAqua solutions with focus on wastewater treatment with MBR (membrane bio-reactor) technology. After lunch break, the participants had the opportunity to join a study visit of Makindi Fish Farm. Read more here.
Information Sessions in Europe
VicInAqua partners address the European industry and research to raise awareness on and share experience about novel integrated water treatment solutions and RAS (recirculating aquaculture systems), smart sensors and renewable energy systems.
- Webinar (March 2019, tbc): more information soon.
- Webinar (19 October 2018): Turning water and energy challenges into opportunities. Coordinator HsKA (Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, Germany) presentend our project and its latest progress together with partners ABT (AquaBioTech Group, Malta) and S2i (Steinbeis 2i GmbH, Germany). The participants had the opportunity to find out how you can exploit business and innovation opportunities created by water, energy and food challenges. More information and registration here.
- Mosta, Malta (1 November 2017): Partner ABT (Aquabiotech Group) gave an overall presentation of VicInAqua technologies to the aquaculture industry and research, in the frame of the COST FA1305 Training School 7 on Aquaponics. More information about this session here.
Information Session Material
If you would like to get access to the information session materials, please register to our project forum by using our Registration link and state your first name, family name and organisation. Once we received all information, your request will be reviewed and you will receive a confirmation e-mail in the case of successful registration to our forum.
Furthermore, a public Report on Information Sessions will be issued by the end of the project (May 2019).