Capacity Building & Awareness Raising
In conjunction with innovative and sustainable technical solutions, VicInAqua will provide a participatory process to raise awareness among local population, promote gender equality in aquaculture and enhance capacity building among local aquaculture operators, policy makers and scientific community.
Joins us in Europe, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda at:
- Information sessions: for the population and the industry & research
- Study visits: RAS & wastewater treatment plants
- Technical training sessions: on VicInAqua technologies
- Gender round tables and an expert panel – Empowering Women in Sustainable Aquaculture in the Lake Victoria Basin
- Policy round tables and an expert panel – Facilitate the Introduction of Improved Regulatory and Economic Instruments for Water Management
Academic Student Exchange Programme
Our call for applications is now closed - thank you for sharing and applying! 10 outstanding academic students or PhD candidates from Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda were chosen to profit and learn from VicInAqua and its new technologies, by spending two weeks in European partner research institutions (HSKA, ITM-CNR, UNICAL). More info
Are you from a company, research organisation or network active in
>> aquaculture / fish farming
>> membranes for (waste) water filtration
>> renewables energies
>> smart sensors systems for water application
or from a governmental institution, association, NGO, or international organisation involved in
>> women promotion in fish farming / water management;
>> (waste) water management / water supply / sanitation; or
>> sustainable / responsible fisheries and aquaculture
and would like to access our project forum, receive project information and invitations to project events (see column to the right) and/or help us disseminating them?
If so, please use our contact form to provide some details about yourself. Your request will be reviewed and you will receive a confirmation e-mail in the case of successful registration to our community.
Follow - Like - Connect >> Help us communicate our goals and results and progress further!