VicInAqua partners organise technical trainings in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda with local and regional operators of agro and aquaculture businesses and water sanitation stakeholders to raise interest in the functioning of the novel VicInAqua concept and to guarantee a technical understanding in terms of operation and maintenance of potential end users of the different VicInAqua components.
Upcoming trainings: November 2018
- Entebbe, Uganda - 19-20 November 2018: Coordinator HsKA (Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, Germany) with the support of partner NARO (National Agricultural Research Organization, Uganda) will organise a training on Membrane BioReactors (MBR) as a tool for water treatment in sanitation and aquaculture. The training takes place in the frame of several VicInAqua community events in Uganda: Information Session "The environmental impact of improved sanitation, aquaculture and fisheries", Round tables on Gender & Aquaculture / Water Management & Policy, and Study Visits (MBR site in a fish processing plant in Ntinda, Kampala; followed by a RAS - recirculating aquaculture system - site for live fish marketing in Naguru, Kampala). More information here.
- Kisumu, Kenya: Partner OxyGuard (Denmark) with the support of partner DALF (Department of Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries, Kisumu County, Kenya) will organise a training on smart sensor systems for improved water management and control
- Kisumu, Kenya: Coordinator HsKA (Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, Germany) and partner ABT (Aquabiotech Group, Malta) with the support of partner DALF (Department of Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries, Kisumu County, Kenya) wil organise a training on operation and maintenance to ensure sustainability of the VicInAqua concept
More details soon
Would you like to get involved? If so, please use our contact form to provide some details about yourself. Your request will be reviewed and you will receive a confirmation e-mail in the case of successful registration.
- Mwanza, Tanzania, (27-28 November 2017): RAS (Recirculating Aquaculture Systems) and special aspects of fish hatchery; combined with a study visit of a RAS facility. More information about these training and study visit here.
- Nairobi, Kenya (27-28 November 2017): Renewable Energy Systems for water treatment. More information about this training here.
If you would like to get access to the training materials, please register to our project forum by using our Registration link and state your first name, family name and organisation. Once we received all information, your request will be reviewed and you will receive a confirmation e-mail in the case of successful registration to our forum.